SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION DURING COVID-19
Berry & Smith has been providing School Bus service to the Okanagan/Skaha School District since the 1960’s. Our drivers have completed regular road tests, drug testing, criminal record checks, winter driving training, student management training, and emergency handling training including first aid training. The drivers also maintain a class 2 driver’s license with an air brake endorsement. We are very proud of the high quality of our drivers; they have met a very high standard including driving skills and customer service.
Your school bus driver will help get you to school safely. You can help by following these rules.
- Get to the bus stop 5 minutes before departure time.
- When you are waiting for your bus, stay off the road and wait safely.
- Get on and off the bus only at your own stop.
- Remain properly seated while the bus is in motion.
- Wait until the bus is completely stopped before leaving your seat.
- Be polite to your bus driver and do what he/she asks.
- Talk quietly to the other riders. Do not make loud or unusual noises.
- Keep your hands, arms and head inside the windows and doors.
- If you are carrying anything that could hurt someone else, wrap it up.
- Always keep the aisle of the bus clear.
- Never throw anything in the bus or out of the windows.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus unless the driver allows you to.
- Help to keep the bus clean by using the garbage containers.
- Behave on the bus. Do not fight or swear.
- Smoking is not allowed on the bus.
- Emergency doors and windows should not be touched unless there is an emergency.
- Try to help smaller children getting on or off the bus.
- Report to the driver any damage you see to the bus.
- If you have to cross the street when you get off the bus, cross in front of the bus far enough in front so that you can clearly see the driver. Be sure to look left and right.
- Sometimes, the driver may ask you to cross the road after the bus leaves. Then you must be sure that it is safe before crossing.
- Remember that the driver is in charge of the bus and riders.
- The driver can stop the bus if riders are not behaving.
- The driver can tell riders to sit in a certain seat.
- If you damage the seats or anything else on purpose, you will have to pay for the damage.